Thursday, November 26, 2015

poem about my hometown

I miss Buways---the café across from my home.
Special smell of coffee, warm sunshine,
Golden light, brown desks and chairs,
And talking in Cantonese---my native language.

I miss my friend Sandy.
We used to sit there together,
Enjoying the peaceful afternoon, and a cup of tea,
And talking about our life.

I miss our time in Buways.
I’d put the sadness on the table there between me and Sandy,
And slowly break it.
I’d put my effort on my books with Sandy there,
Study quietly for several hours.
I’d put our happiness in a cup of tea between us,
Talking freely, and dreaming of our tomorrow.

When I return, I want to be back to the café.
Look at the change of Buways, and my dear friend.
And talk about our new life, in the nice sun, in a peaceful afternoon.
And happily say: “I haven’t seen you for a long time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment